A smart business wear dress code is reflective of the serious, academic ethos of the Sydney Russell sixth form and the high expectations of students. It illustrates a professional approach to sixth form study and the commitment of the students to their chosen courses.
Adhering to a dress code provides a bridge for students between full school uniform and the wider flexibility afforded to them at University. It also prepares students for the professionalism in dress code when faced with the world of work.
For safeguarding reasons, students in Sixth Form must wear their school ID lanyard at all times. The dress code is smart business wear, and to provide absolute clarity some suggestions are made below;
• Smart business wear to include, but not exhaustive of, tailored or chino trousers, knee length tailored shorts, knee length skirt, knee length dress, collared shirt, polo neck, jumper, smart top that does not expose shoulders or significant amounts of flesh
• Footwear must consist of a black or brown shoe
• No non-religious headwear is to be worn at any time
• No items of clothing to be worn that are a distraction to others or may cause offense
• No jeans
• No trainers or casual footwear
• No sportswear or beach wear (including flip flops or sliders)
• No phones or earphones to be visible in the school, except in the 16+ centre
This list is not exhaustive and individual judgements may be made by the Sixth Form team. Inappropriately dressed students will be sent home.
See the full Dress Code