The SEND Aims of the School
– To ensure that all pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
To provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability.
– To ensure the identification of all pupils requiring SEND provision as early as possible in their school career.
– To ensure that SEND pupils take as full a part as possible in all school activities.
– To ensure that parents of SEND pupils are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment.
– To ensure that SEND pupils are involved, where practicable, in decisions affecting their future SEND provision.
We recognise that many pupils will have special needs at some time during their school life. In implementing this policy, we believe pupils will be helped to overcome their difficulties.
This Policy was developed by the SENCo in Consultation with the Senior Leadership Team and The Governors.
Whilst many factors contribute to the range of difficulties experienced by some children, we believe that much can be done to overcome them by parents, teachers and pupils working together.
You can view the full policy and relevant documentation below: