At the beginning of Year Seven, students will be given an academic target for Year Eleven for every subject. Progress towards these targets will be reviewed and reported on a regular basis. Once a year there will be an Academic Review Day when parents will be offered an appointment with their child’s tutor to discuss these targets. The date of Academic Review Day for 2017 – 2018 is Thursday 30th November.
In the course of every academic year, there will be five formal assessments to track student progress. At least one of these will be a formal examination. After each assessment, parents will be sent a letter informing them whether or not their children have met their target grades. Targets are based on the grades students are expected to achieve at the end of Year Eleven. The letter will show parents whether or not their children are making good progress towards their target grades. The following code will be used to indicate students’ progress:
- Likely to exceed the target grade
- Likely to achieve the target grade
- Likely to achieve one grade below the target grade
- Likely to miss the target by two grades or more.
Once a year there will be a Parents’ Evening where parents will be given a full report of their children’s progress and will have the opportunity to make appointments with their children’s teachers to discuss this progress. The dates of Parents’ Evenings for 2017-2018 are:
- Year 6 Recruitment Evening – Monday 25 Sept (6PM)
- Year 6 Open Morning – Wednesday 27 Sept
- Year 6 Open Morning – Thursday 28 Sept
- 16+ Recruitment Evening (All Sites) – Saturday 14 Oct
- Academic Review Day (Whole School) – Thursday 30 Nov (8.40-3pm)
- Year 11 Parents Evening – Thursday 18 Jan (4.30-7pm)
- Year 7 Parents Evening – Thursday 1 Feb (4.30-7pm)
- Year 8 Subject Information Evening – Tuesday 20 Feb (4.30-7pm)
- Year 8 Parents Evening – Thursday 8 Mar (4.30-7pm)
- Year 9 Parents Evening – Thursday 20 Mar (4.30-7pm)
- Year 10 Parents Evening – Thursday 3 May (4.30-7pm)
- Year 6 Interviews Begin – Monday 4 June
Teachers are always happy to discuss students’ progress; parents who would like more information about this should contact Reception and ask to speak to the relevant subject teacher.