Useful Information about Admissions.
Children who will be starting school for the first time.
– Parents should complete and submit the online application form by 15th January 2021.
– Parents will be given the name of the school at which their child has been allocated a place by email by the 30th April 2021.
– Parents who wish to discuss the possibility of their child joining The Sydney Russell Primary Department should contact Mr A. Jacob.
Children who will be 11 years old and will be transferring to Secondary School in September 2021.
– Children attending the Sydney Russell Primary Department will automatically transfer to the senior school and will not have to apply for a place.
– Parents whose children attend other primary schools should complete and submit the online application form by 31st October 2020.
– Parents will be given the name of the school at which their child has been allocated a place by 1st March 2021.
– Parents who wish to discuss the transition from Primary to Secondary School should contact Mr D. Carlin.
Children currently at Secondary School who wish to transfer to Sydney Russell School.
– Sydney Russell is an over-subscribed school but occasionally places become available, if a family moves out of the area for example.
– Parents who would like their children to transfer to Sydney Russell School, should contact the Borough Admissions Department and ask to be put on the waiting list. They will be informed what to do if a place becomes available.
– Parents who wish to discuss the possibility of transferring their children to The Sydney Russell School should contact Mr R. Hill at the school.
– All applications should be made online.
– Parents whose application for a place for their child at The Sydney Russell School is not successful can appeal to the local authority.
– Parents who wish to appeal against the decision should complete the online form by end of May 2021, but are advised to appeal as soon as possible.
The official Open Evening for parents whose children will be transferring to Secondary School in September 2021 is NOT taking place this year due to government restriction at this moment in time.
There will be a promotional video followed by online resources which you will be able to follow up via admissions process.
Useful Links | Downloads
- THE PRINCIPAL
- BRITISH VALUES
- COVID – RISK ASSESSMENT
- ETHOS & VALUES
- STATUTORY INFO
- TEACHING & LEARNING