How to apply for a place at The Sydney Russell School
Children who will be starting school for the first time.
- Parents should complete and submit the online application form by 15th January 2019.
- Parents will be given the name of the school at which their child has been allocated a place by email by the 30th April 2019.
- Parents who wish to discuss the possibility of their child joining The Sydney Russell Primary Department should contact Ms S. Larkins.
Children who will be 11 years old and will be transferring to Secondary School in September 2019.
- Children attending the Sydney Russell Primary Department will automatically transfer to the senior school and will not have to apply for a place.
- Parents whose children attend other primary schools should complete and submit the online application form by 31st October 2018.
- Parents will be given the name of the school at which their child has been allocated a place by 1st March 2019.
- Parents who wish to discuss the transition from Primary to Secondary School should contact Ms S. De Gray.
Children currently at Secondary School who wish to transfer to Sydney Russell School.
- Sydney Russell is an over-subscribed school but occasionally places become available, if a family moves out of the area for example.
- Parents who would like their children to transfer to Sydney Russell School, should contact the Borough Admissions Department and ask to be put on the waiting list. They will be informed what to do if a place becomes available.
- Parents who wish to discuss the possibility of transferring their children to The Sydney Russell School should contact Mr R. Hill at the school.
- All applications should be made online.
- Parents whose application for a place for their child at The Sydney Russell School is not successful can appeal to the local authority.
- Parents who wish to appeal against the decision should complete the online form by 27th May 2019, but are advised to appeal as soon as possible.
The official Open Evening for parents whose children will be transferring to Secondary School in September 2019 is Monday 24th September 2018 at 6.30pm.
Parents of children who attend the Sydney Russell Primary department are welcome to attend this open day.
There will be an address from the Principal, guided tours of the school and an opportunity to meet students and staff.
There will also be a representative from the Borough Admissions team, Cassandra Philip, who will give general advice about the admissions process.
For parents who would prefer to see the school during the working day, there will be guided tours at 9am on Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th September 2018.