SENCO: Mrs Larkins
Sydney Russell School values the abilities and achievements of all its pupils, and is committed to providing, for each pupil, the best possible environment for learning.
The SEN Aims of the School
- To ensure that all pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability.
- To ensure the identification of all pupils requiring SEN provision as early as possible in their school career.
- To ensure that SEN pupils take as full a part as possible in all school activities.
- To ensure that parents of SEN pupils are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment.
- To ensure that SEN pupils are involved, where practicable, in decisions affecting their future SEN provision.
We recognise that many pupils will have special needs at some time during their school life. In implementing this policy, we believe pupils will be helped to overcome their difficulties.
This Policy was developed by the SENCo in Consultation with the Senior Leadership Team and The Governors.
Read our full SEND Strategy